What is included in the price?
All prices are in Australian Dollars and include GST.
Insurance is also included in the price. The excess amount payable in the event of loss or damage per incident is $3800. This excess depends on the conditions of license restriction and age.
For more information please click here to view our policies page.
Can I hire these vehicles if I am under the age of 25?
Unfortunately we do not cater for drivers who are under the age of 25.
This is to ensure that we can offer the cheapest rental price possible to our clients.
What is GVM?
GVM is gross vehicle mass of a particular vehicle. This figure is important to determine the type of License required to operate the Truck or Bus.
What is my duty of care?
– Liable for all parking and traffic violations during the rental period
– Liable for all tolls notices incurred during the rental period
– Agree to return vehicle with a fuel reading at least equal to the fuel out reading
– No smoking permitted inside the hire vehicle at any time
– No animal(s) permitted inside the hire vehicle at any time
– Not to use the vehicle for any illegal purposes i.e: race, contest or performance test of any kind
– Maintain engine oils and engine coolant levels to manufacturers specifications.
– Fill the vehicle with only the fuel type specified in the manufacturers specifications.
– Reporting any incident to the vehicle within 24 hours of occurrence e.g: accident, damage or loss
– Return the vehicle in a clean manner and in a similar state prior to rental
What drivers licence will I need?
At Cheap Truck Rentals we have many types of vehicles, each have different licensing requirements and the correct a driving licence needs to be produced at the collection of the vehicle.
The licence will state what level of vehicle you will be allowed to hire:
- An Australian car licence is sufficient for a car, light van and utility or any vehicle up to 4500 kg GVM.
- LR (Light Rigid) licence is required for a vehicle which weighs between 4,500kg – 8,000kg GVM or a vehicle that seats 12 passengers or more.
- MR (Medium Rigid) is required for a vehicle greater than 8000kg GVM but only has 2 axles.
- HR (Heavy Rigid) is required for a vehicle greater than 8000kg GVM and has 3 or more axles.
For more information on Australian License types please click here.
Are Hydraulic Lifters included in the price of moving vans?
Yes, however it depends on availability.
What is a day’s Rental?
As per industry norm with commercial vehicles, charges are per calendar day unless agreed otherwise. i.e. Midday to midday would be charged as 2 days. However vehicles can normally be picked up at the end of the day before use is required and returned the following day before close of business.
Once your details are submitted we will contact you by phone, as soon as possible, to confirm your reservation.
We ask for a credit card as a basis of securing your booking. Your credit card will not be processed or have funds deducted until you come in for vehicle collection.
Booking Cancellation & Refunds
If a cancellation is made up to 48 hours for a weekend or public holiday reservation collection date and 24 hours for a weekday reservation a full refund is applicable.
If a cancellation is made within 48 of your collection date (weekend/public holiday) and 24 hours for every other day you will be charged the full rental price.
Can you take Trucks or Cars interstate?
Unfortunately, we do not allow our vehicles to travel interstate. Please let us know of your hire purposes at time of booking.
What should I do when the insurance company or recovery agent reimburse me directly for the accident replacement vehicle?
The insurance company or recovery agents sometimes send a payment directly to the hirer. In this case it is your responsibility to notify us and reimburse the full amount to Hire Trucks Are Us within 24 hours. Failure to do so will result in late fees and legal action may also be taken.
All our trucks require Diesel fuel, but is also marked on the cap. Please ask our staff where the filler cap is located.
The Vehicle will have some fuel on collection, please return it with the same amount.
Otherwise a re-fueling surcharge will be removed from your deposit.
The deposit is either paid in cash, credit card or EFTPOS. This is a security bond on the vehicle you are hiring.
Yes we provide padlocks for hire from $2.50 per day. If you lose a padlock replacement ones will be removed from your security deposit at $40.00 per lock.
If you lose a key, replacements will cost you $10.00 for each key again will be removed from your security deposit. Use of the padlock is at your own discretion and there is no guarantee that the padlock is tamper-proof.
All goods secured with the hired padlocks are the sole responsibility of the hirer.